- Model Number: MK-84000 or MK-84000a.
- CPU: Dual Hitachi SH-2 RISC Processors @ 23 MHz each, 40MIPS.
- Genesis 68000, and Z80
- Genesis 32X VDP
- 32,768 simultaneous colours on screen
- Genesis resolution
- Overlaying over existing Genesis/SegaCD video
- 50,000 texture-mapped polygons/sec
- Texture mapping
- Hardware scaling and rotation
- Stereo PCM chip
- Audio mixing with Genesis sound
- Additional 2 channels (8 Channels total, or 16 with SegaCD)
More like an accessory than a new console. The Sega 32x requires a Sega Genesis and is not a stand-alone component. It never really took off and had a limited appeal to the masses. I like it due to the obscure nature of this system and the exposure of the uncommon games that was produced for this system.